View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #7
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

I've gotten a little time this week to work on the truck, and I've made decent progress. I got the front cab support in place, the kick panel and inner rocker/floor in place, as well as the lower b-pillar. I also have the rear cab support cut to the right size and ready to weld in. So after that's put in, I'll just have the lower A-pillar, outer rocker, and cab corner.

Good news from the brown Santa!

I got my wheels yesterday! Of course I mounted them up. Sorry, no pics, my internet at home is down The back wheels really fill the wheel well. However, with the tires on, I don't think I'll have the clearance to have the bags dumped unless I mod the wheel well of the fenders too (as some have pointed out).

On the front, I was thinking, and getting concerned that I went with too little backspacing (4.25), but with no fenders or wheel wells (or tires) I can't tell at this point. I may also have to mod those fenders as well. On thing I will have to do. get longer wheel studs. The mounting flanges on these wheels is pretty thick, so I'm only getting a few thread engagements. I'm kinda thinking that if I really have to, I can have the mounting surface machined down to give me some additional backspacing (maybe 1/4"...so I don't even know if it would be worth it) I guess we'll see when I get the fenders on.

I'm kinda debating on whether to put stock brakes on it for now, or continue to wait for the Kore3 big brake kit that is supposed to be coming out.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote