View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #207
texascowboy593

Re: Project "Tracy Lee" 59 Apache

I cant believe it's been just over 1 year since this thread had a post on it...Then again there's a reason for it...

The Tracy Lee has been plagued with a few problems. #1 is a lack of funds!!!

I have had her in driveable condition for some time now but apparently we found a crack in the rear axle housing that was releasing 90 wt oil on the ground. I have also been unhappy with the "paint job" that was shot by a co-worker of mine. It's a "30 footer" job. Just like someone painted her with a wet chicken!

Well, a good friend of mine of the last 17+ years finally freed up some time and space and took her in. She is getting the full respectful treatment she deserves. I wish I had the time and the know-how to do everything she requires to be a top-notch ride. My friend is a perfectionist and so far he has her running like a scalded cat and is about to tackle the body for a new paint job. I know what the NEW color will be. You will have to wait for the "un-veiling" video in a couple of months!

He also has a friend that is a carpenter and he is going to install the bed wood for $100. That includes cutting, countersinking/drilling, staining and weatherproofing! He's also going to build a wood console from just below the dash, around the B+M ratchet shifter to the seats for another $50 or so. This will include a radio console just above the shifter.

"Flight 59" (as she will be named from now on) will hopefully be unveiled by late October. The truck is 150 miles away from home and I'm waiting on progress pics. When I get them I will pass them on...

FWIW, the dude with the yellow '54 3100 has been pestering me. Here is my response video to him:
2014 Dodge Durango (Wife-mobile)
2008 Dodge Ram Lone Star Edition (Daily driver)

Last edited by texascowboy593; 08-25-2008 at 11:16 PM.
texascowboy593 is offline   Reply With Quote