Thread: Show and tell
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #5
Keep on Trucking

Re: Show and tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy_mike
How did you make the disc brake emblem? Very cool.
Sorry for the delay. I thought I would be emailed if anyone replied to the post. I know on other forums I/you are automaticaly subscribed to a thread if you post in it. I have been having to use the thread tool button to subscribe to posts. Can I set it up to make it auto if I post in a thread?

Anyway, thanks mike It was actually alittile bit involved and time consuming.
What I did was find a piece of brass stock from a metal supplier that was close in width and thickness, but I had to buy the peice in a 10' long section (their minimum) I then cut them to length and had them sandblasted with a big industrial sandblaster to get the texture. The next step was taking them to an engraver to cut the font in the brass. The guys I used are out of bussiness, but maybe a trophy shop could do it?? Then I took them to my buddy to machine a taper on the backside to match the angle of the 4 wheel drive emblem. Next I took them to a chome shop. Once they were done I added some black paint in the letters and was done.
It was alot of running around to get it done.

"Life is tough, its tougher if you are stupid" (John Wayne)

My buddys truck for sale here.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...p?product=2676

Last edited by Keep on Trucking; 08-28-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: MISS speled a wurd
Keep on Trucking is offline   Reply With Quote