View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 08:34 AM   #54
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

Progress has been a little slow as of late, but I guess that keeps me from getting burnt out.

I'm planning on installing a hydraulic clutch setup when I get everything put back together, so I contacted Novak Conversions inquiring about their hydraulic clutch kits. Their website listed a few bellhousings that their kit would bolt right up to, but it didn't list mine. I sent them a picture of my bellhousing and they informed me that I needed to have one boss (red square) on my bell housing machined down to match the thickness of the other bolt holes (blue square).

I went to a machine shop that we use for work and they were able to machine the boss for me for free no less. (Sorry for the bad angle)

I have went back to Novak's website since having the machine work done and was surprised to see my bellhousing pictured on their site with a new paragraph describing how to modify a cast bellhousing. So now I'm just patiently waiting for the royalty checks to start coming in so I can pay for my build.

Scroll down about half way on Novak's website to see my pic and their hydraulic kit.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_hcrc.htm