View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 11:32 PM   #77
PBFAB.COM

Re: $999 for a Dropmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom 68 View Post
ok this may be answered already maybe in another thread if so point me there... does this change (decrease) the track width? my track in the front is too wide after my disk upgrade. I being on a budget would use my stock arms sounds like this changes the geoetry to make the truck handle better.
Secondly with a name like "drop member" does this change or drop the front ride height? sounds like it would but dont know? Again I would use my static drop spindles and static springs? I need the rack and pinion steering but will all this work together?
thanks in advance
Dave

The trac width is narrowed approx. 1.5" per side.

Your factory arms will work with the Dropmember, but you will be required to switch to an airbag instead of the factory steel coil springs. We have done several installs where we use a schrader valve in the air bag giving it a set static height. This allows the customer to forego the expense of an adjustable air system, yet take advantage of the ride quality that air springs offer. With the schrader valve you still have adjustability... just not on the go.

The Dropmember moves all the suspension/steering components up in the chassis, similar to a "Z" without cutting the frame. It will lower your truck just by bolting it in. Other advantages include improved suspension and steering geometry, wheel center-line is moved forward and centered in the wheel wells, and rack and pinion steering gives improved steering response.

With your 2.5" drop spindles, and a 27" tall tire your ride height will be between 5 and 6" measured from the bottom of the frame section, located under the cab, to the ground.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may need answered.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson