View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 01:00 AM   #14
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

So I've been putting in a lot of time on the truck lately, but the progress has been slow (or at least it seems to me)

I got all of the rust repair done on the cab, so that's a big hurdle. I had a friend over and we tipped the cab onto it's back so that made finish welding up the outer supports a little easier. I also removed most of the under coating and oil. What a pain.

Then I've pretty much got the firewall shaved.

I realized tonight that I filled in the two holes for the ebrake (going with the foot operated one), so I re-drilled the holes for that.

I also got some work done on the bed. The tubbing is essentially complete. I also got a new header panel put in. There are a few more cariage bolts to put in and tighten down then all I have left is to make the gas filler.

Before the bed goes back on the frame I'm going to finish up some things. I'm going to flush and pressure test the fuel lines, put in the rear end breather, and install the exhaust.

Last night I sand blasted the core support. As mentioned earlier, I pulled this one from a GMC at the salvage yard and modified it to work for my chevy....hopefully it works out as planned.

Here's the way it came out:

I was planning on painting it tonight with POR 15, but the POS spray gun I got from harbor freight broke when I tried to put an air fitting on it.

I started looking at how to mount up the A/C unit, so that if I need to do any firewall modifications or welding to it, it will be done before paint. It looks like my best option is going to be to make a metal frame that will attach to the inside of the firewall. I didn't have any small metal to start on that.

So to put the cab on, I want to get the exhaust installed and a few other things buttoned up.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote