View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #18
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Getting a little more work done over the week and weekend.

I'll start with the brakes. I got the summit drilled and slotted rotors. I took them out of the box and immediatly started modifying them I pressed out the studs that came with them and pressed in longer studs, since my wheels have thick flanges. I used ARP part number 100-7703 and they fit perfectly. I'm also using Hawk HPS pads. Made a stop at the parts store, and got new caliper pins, bearings, and seals. Put them all together. So the Howe calipers physically fit, however there are two issues to overcome. First is the brake line fitting on the back of them is NPT I believe, so I'll have to get a fitting adapter to plug in my brake line. Next I need some larger bushings, cause the pin holes in the calipers is bigger than stock....shouldn't be a big deal.

Next I've also been working on the exhaust. Like I said earlier, I got a kit from Pypes. It's stainless steel. I got the race mufflers, which there sight claims they're the quietest and flow the best. Basically looked like turbo mufflers to me. I also used Flowmaster ball-flange collectors. They aren't stainless though, but I used them on my corvette, and have had 0 issues with leaks.

As you can see it passes through the ECE cross member

I also got the core support painted.

I also ordered a shaved fiberglass cowl. I saw another members and got the info for it. I got the one to allow for wipers (hey, I live in washington )

I have some hardware in the mail, then I'll be able to start bolting in the core support.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote