View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 02:04 AM   #43
jephs422

Re: 67-72 Bolt in pedal assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Installed pics would be great- it would answer a BUNCH of questions I have, like:

- How does it affect exhaust clearance?
- Is there room to service the master once installed, or would there need to be an access panel?
- How is the pedal arm sealed at the floor?

This would be nice for the Blazer...

Looks like there is room to move it up, but that would also affect pedal placement/geometry...
Sorry, I don't think I have any good installed pics. I looked over the weekend.

To answer you questions though..

-Exhaust clearance is not an issue if you look at the picture of the weld in, it is sitting in a stock chassis, in essentially the same location. there is enough room between the factory crossmembers, the driveline, and the booster to run exhaust.

-typically service is handled one of two ways. You can either run a remote reservoir on the firewall, or you can create an access panel in the floor. In my last truck that had a frame mount pedal assembly I had an access panel. It was super easy and hidden under the carpet.

- sealing it at the floor is easiest wtih a small rubber boot of some sort. Normally I take a piece of 1/8" urethane rubber ( about 2"x2") and slot it to fit around the arm. secure that to the floor under the carpet, and then slot the carpet and insulation to fit snug to the pedal arm also.

-Yes, you can move it pretty much anywhere you want. the only thing that will be effected is where the brake pedal ultimately ends up. no geometry issues will come up because the pedal and bracket are all one unit.

Scott's Hotrods
Oxnard CA 93030
jephs422 is offline   Reply With Quote