View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #81
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

After what seems like 6 months progress. Got the cab etched and primed. On the advice of the paint dealer sanded the rattle can etch off. Since I last posted have been working the plastic, put it on, sand it off drill. Also removed the windshield, tried for an hour to get it out without cutting the gasket but it was just to brittle (I had replaced it in 1977 when the windshield was replaced). Removed the paint from the jambs, sanded the interior, found a couple of cracks that needed welded up and ground down. Yesterday evening etch primed it and shot three coats of blocking primer. And, of course, found a few places I don't like or just missed. Here are photos of it in metal, etch and primed. Included photos of the places I had to cut and weld (corner, hinge and fuel hole). I went to a couple of shops last week to see what they would charge to shot the final BC-CC, both said it wasn't that simple and that I should just quit doing the body work since they usually ended up redoing it all anyway. Really pissed me off and now that I have a feel for how the new paints go down (this is first time I've really used a gun since the early 80's) I'm leaning towards just shooting and cutting it myself. Anyway enjoy the "hobbists" , as they put it, work.
Attached Images

Last edited by OrrieG; 10-27-2008 at 02:25 PM.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote