Thread: CPP Rant !!!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #44
kcjones
I wish I was a cowboy

Re: CPP Rant !!!

I've just read this thread, and I can't comment on the shim/washer thing as I've learned a lesson from it.

However, I can, from personal experience in the very near past, comment on lots of aspects of CPP that I was not pleased with. I've purchased gear from ECE, PerformanceOnline, CPP, Summit, and a few others in the last few months. Each of them for different reasons.

My CPP gear was a rear drop kit, because it was most cost effective based on the other items I needed. I'm not worried the springs and panhard are gonna snap in to or whatever, so I risked it. A couple things happened that make me wish I had just spent the extra $$ and ordered all ECE stuff:

1) All items took 3 times as long to get as any other vendor. And I live in CA (where CPP is).
2) They completely left off 2 parts from my order (it was a kit!).
3) I had to call three times over the span of 2 weeks before I received an actual answer on the missing parts.
4) You do not receive emails for billing or shipping status (even if you request them).
5) CPP instructions are lower quality than any of the others.
6) For every 10 seconds you spend talking to someone, you spend 10 minutes on hold (no exaggeration!).

I don't want to bag them because I think it's fun. I just know that if I ever want to get CPP stuff again, I need to order it long before i need it, and not to throw the packaging away as I may need to send it back.

ECE was top-notch. I'll spend the extra dough next time to get all their stuff!

Met list: Cyclone,Wilson,TranzAm,extd56,hotrodhomi,mnky30,Rokcrln,Brad,JerryJones(well, his truck anyway).
kcjones is offline   Reply With Quote