View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
Acme Racer

Talking My "New Arrival", w/Pics, 68 C10 Panel, UPDATE!

Hi Gang
Heres the latest update on the panel. After checking out the "recently rebuilt" engine, it seems (after jackin the engine up and removing the pan) that this guys "engine builder" (and I'm using this term VERY loosly) left ALL the rod bolts loose, a few tried to "escape" thru the pan, thus lockin' the engine up. On the bright side, the engine is very clean inside. I changed the title and got a plate for it today also, along with doing my "regular day job".

The engine is almost ready to pull out and replace with fresh crate 383 and fresh turbo 400 from a early 80's donor truck. The donor also has P/S, P/B & A/C, so those (except the dash unit of the A/C) will find their way to the panel, now named by the neighborhood kids, "the Pickle". Maybe tomorrow I can get the old mill and trans out. I'd love to have it runnin by the weekend. With a little luck I just might! I wanna have it runnin and drivin, P/B conversion, drop spindle & disc conversion done also by thanksgiving. I wanna get all them "bugs" out of it before it hits "the ol' Fab Shop".

More updates as they become available...........................
Larry
92 Chevy "Yenko Impala SS" Wagon, massive mods, my toy - 92 Buick "GSX" Roadmaster wagon, many mods, wifes toy - 92 Olds Custom Cruiser "442-W31" Wagon Wifes Daily Driver - 68 C10 Suburban Panel, restoration/street rod project - 92 Gambler Champ Dirt Car Project - 74 C10 Custom Original Cali Burb - 79 GMC 35 Sierra Classic 1 Ton Crew Cab Dually

Last edited by Acme Racer; 11-05-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Acme Racer is offline   Reply With Quote