View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
cap'n

Smile 72 c10 prerunner ideas...

ok, new here. i recently picked up a 72 c10 from a friend, it runs and drives great, but 2wds are not my thing. so naturally a prerunner is the direction its goin. the problem is the very little info i can find. ive read the few threads on here bout it, but most of those lean towards either a small lift(2-3") or goin to the fabtech kit, which finding one of those would probly take a loooong time. ive put dinos 66 in my favorites so me and a buddy of mine have been talkin, he by the way owns a local 4x4 shop and is an awesome fabricator, and what we came up with was either making some new control arms, somthin lik 2" wider and 4-6" lower balljoint/spring mount, so that will net 4-6" of lift with a longer spring and wider track, gaining travel. the other option is 88-98 stuff, which i have no idea how different they are. of course itd probly be custom frame mounts for the 88-98 control arms, but im still not sure how well itd work. the last option we talked about is ford twin i-beam style, which would be totally custom, and sounds like more than i want to do at the moment. if anybody has any input, please please please chime in, ive been rackin my brain for a few weeks on this...
cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote