View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 10:47 PM   #320
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: My 1965 build thread

What a day. I tried to locate some U-bolts locally. I tried the following without any luck
1. Advance Auto
2. NAPA
3. Local trailer supply
4. Southern Offroad

Then I called Truckandcarshop.com they had them but would take a week to get them unless I wanted to pay thru the nose for shipping. Regular shipping was $11. Everyone that sells them sells them in a kit to do both sides. Ranging from $26-29, until I called LMC, they wanted $14.95 each. I didn't even ask about shipping.

As of right now I haven't gotten a reply to my email to CPP. I did call them and was told the u-bolts are still on back order. I think they just threw something in the mail to buy more time. They are sending a return authorization.

Then I thought if GM still offered the lower A arm bumpers they might carry these as well. Guess what they do. They are the 9/16. I'll have to open up the holes to accomendate. The cost is $6ea list. My cost is $4.50 and they will bring them to where I work. I should have them by this Friday They had to order as well, but at least it is in their warehouse.

I didn't know something as small as this would cause so much frustration.

The speedo I won on ebay showed up today. It's awesome, and completely rebuilt.

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote