View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #350
vtblazer

Re: Building a Blazer - vtblazer's Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post
Kurt, dumb question time.... do you have the rear shackle flip brackets on the right way?

It may be tough for the negative shackle angle to correct itself, even under weight. I do put the right side bracket on the left side (and vice versa) when I run 56" long rear springs. I also have to use a 6" (or longer) shackle.

How long are your rear springs (not asking anything private here... sort of afraid to ask any man about length :LOL: )

Generally, under weight, I like to see a 10 degree angle. Granted, it's nit picky, as you can flip them anytime but it's generally a pain in the buttooki once the gas tank's in place.
Well...dunno for sure really.
I checked DIY's web site, looked through the tech section and read the install info and yes, mine are not on the way the tech article set is BUT it's the only way they would fit, tried em both ways and being this is a temp. install, I wasn't super concerned.
I still need to prime/paint the welded nut brackets but I had to mount the springs so I can get the tub on enough to move the thing around.

Once I land the tub, I can mess around more with em.
The axles need to be pulled & painted, probly do it then.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote