View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #9
Inverter

Re: Trucks that do more then a Straight Line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeys66pickup View Post
Yes everyone laughed at it saying "theres no way your gonna throw that ton an a half brick through the air at 200mph no matter how Red it is" and look what it did! blew 220mph and Ate the competition for like two years....

Thats exactly what im thinking with the truck,i mean i no its not going 220 but i dont expect it to.i just would love to see the look on some Subaru drivers face when a Big Red(hahaha no probably Black) truck almost sticks right with him in the bends and then lays into the muscle on the straights and shows him some Tailgate
Im all w/ya. Im just sayin for the average(at home) builder,the length of modding would be out of reach. Might as well start building a chassis from scratch,bolt plenty of HP to it and unbolt everything you dont need. It can be done but at a significant cost(time and money) and w/special tools like a frame jig,not to mention the understanding of performance suspension geometry and design. Theres this guy (Nick) on the ProTouring site who is building an 01' 1500 chassis from scratch. That truck is going to handle.Aero is also better.With that being said,,,nothing is out of reach if you have a vision,stay focused and some serious income..

Last edited by Inverter; 12-28-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Inverter is offline   Reply With Quote