Thread: 59 Chevy Build
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #306
prostreeter58

Re: 59 Chevy Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK56 View Post
Prostreeter,Im fairly new to the forum and I am glad this thread popped back up on page 1. I read it today and I am very impressed. You are a true craftsman.
I am going to put a big block in my 56 as well. I noticed you used the stock firewall. Any helpful hints on using the stock firewall?
I have been looking at Sanderson headers. Are yours the BB4 blockhuggers?
You mentioned a leakage problem with the headers. Did Sanderson take care of you OK?
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

There are some challenges associated with using the stock firewall w/a big block. First I would suggest that you set everything up using a short water pump. I used a long one and had to find a special, thin, electric fan that would fit in the little space I had to work with. If you are planning on using a "pusher" fan this isn't as critical; however, I perfer a "puller" fan for better cooling. When I first set the motor on the frame rails I tucked it up pretty tight to the firewall. This proved to be more problematic and therefore I decided to cut it loose and move it another 3/4" forward. (when you get to this point I will be happy to give you the measurements off of mine. As far as the headers, they are the full length C6's. Fit great, just make sure that you allow 30 - 60 days for delivery. They are not quick on getting them to ya, but worth the wait. I highly recommend using the MII setup from fatman's. Very easy to install and I know it works well with the BB.

I hope this helps a little. If you need anything additional please don't hesitate to ask. Bob
prostreeter58 is offline   Reply With Quote