View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #9
phipp13
THE DAMN YANKEE

Re: One last burnout

DJ the biggest reason why i'm using ladderbars is because my trailing arms are rusted out. There is rust inbetween the 2 channels and due to the exfoliation there are buldging areas that are nothing but rust and it would be impossible to remove all the rust and have serviceable trailing arms. did you see my home made ladderbars? also i bought the 4130 3/4" heim joints and 2 4340 double adjusters so they will be double adjustable for tuneability. also i have 1 rt &1 lft threaded heimjoint on each end of my panhardbar so it will be easy to adjust and get it lined up. hell here is a couple of pics

the nut was tacked, it is fully welded now

I made sure i put a few diagonal bars in threre for stiffness. this is 1.125 4130 tubing .125 wall

after the brackets are welded to the rear they will be welded together with a strap for added strength. all brackets are 4130 also. the only mild steel is the 2x4 .125 box tubing used to back brace the rear. hopfullyi won't have to trash this stuff as i have a lot of time and $ tied up in this setup.

Last edited by phipp13; 01-06-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: spellin
phipp13 is offline   Reply With Quote