View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #29
kustombrad

Re: Project "49 No Buck$"

Here's how the stock motor mounts are located. They are too far forward in this spot for what I wanted. Thanks Chevrolet for making LOTS of other holes to move the mounts around! I took the 3 bolts out and slid them back to the next set, which is about an 1 1/4" from the front spot. Now I know stuff looks rough and messy, buts that's ok because I'm just building the truck roughly at this moment. When it's all built and all the fab work is done, it will come apart and get sandblasted, painted and put together with new fasteners, bushings, tie rods, etc. so I'm not worrying too much about perfection at this moment. The truck will be new and tight underneath, but like an old truck from the outside. Now that the mounts are slid back, the trans will hit the front of the firewall tunnel. I took a pair of channel locks and folded the lip back and under to get an extra 3/4" clearance for the trans ( a few smacks with a hammer to make it nice and even finishes it up) Next up.. Installing an engine and trans to put the exhaust together and installing the 69 Nova fuel tank (more cheap!!!)
kustombrad is offline   Reply With Quote