View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #12
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Re: Thanks for asking.....here is project: Patina'd

The first thing I started on was the motor. I had an extra 460 bbc that I had pulled out of a truck I parted. I had already gone through the bottom end a couple of years ago (.030 over, forged pistons, new scat crank and fully balanced internally and externally) These are pics of me getting ready to paint the lower end.

I spent way too much time grinding and sanding the heads to give them an aftermarket look......not realizing that my alt and PS pump would almost completely cover them up!!!

They still looked sweet though!

It turned out pretty good for the effort. The pan was intentionally not painted because it's a drive and that wouldn't be seen anyway. Swapped out the stock head bolts for ARP fasteners.

I want to hammer the point home that this is a BUDGET BUILD all the way and most new parts were bought selling old parts. The motor used to be a short pump with the alt on the driver's side. I sold the short pump, alt brackets and pullies for enough to buy everthing new you see on the front of the motor and converting the alt to the pass side.

The motor is really nothing special on the top end. It's got a comp cams 280H stick with a Pete Jackson gear drive....just to be different. Performer RPM intake bolted to "702" chevy iron closed chambered oval port heads. Full Magnum roller rockers and she's fed with a Holley 750 double pumper with 4 corner idle. Mallory HEI spark. Here is the first test fire before any fine tuning was done.

[IMG][/IMG]
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote