View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #88
69halfton

Re: Freshly rebuilt 350 burning oil and tappet noise.

by the way, i had mine built, and i have just a little bit more $$ in mine (its a stroker, so the parts are more elaborate) but my builder has also stood by his work.

its really worth the money, unlike you, i didn't put many miles on the motor, and it wasn't until 2 years later when these problems developed. he recognized that the engine didn't have that many miles, but he could have easily told me that it was just from sitting so long and that it was my fault. I think he also kinda liked the fact that me being only 17, and into chevy trucks and hot rodding instead of driving some honda, and that i was funding this myself, and daddy wasn't just paying for everything i wanted...

he is one of those old guys that you find in the back of an industrail unit working with 1 other guy in his shop. the company name is speed radiator...but every single circle track racer around here has a motor from him. he is exactly what you described and i chuckled when i read it, he has trophies and pictures of race-cars past, and from all over the continent.

If you can turn, Youre not going fast enough.

Favorite caption:

first car to 200 mph in the 1/4 mile, no parachute, drum brakes all the way around..
..back when men were men.
69halfton is offline   Reply With Quote