View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 01:29 AM   #12
scoyote

Re: '72 Frame Up Rebuild

Thanks for the info Yukon Jack, I'll take a look at those guys and see if we can do some business.

OK....back to the build...finally.

Got the frame back from the sandblaster and it's beautiful. Tomorrow I am going to use POR and "paint" the frame with it.

I was reading the instructions on that stuff and it sounds like I'd better wear gloves, respirator and some old clothes.

I particularly like the part that says not to get any paint in the grooves on the can or the can will be "permanently sealed"....that was worth reading.

The MTO guys are working on the axles, I've got a factory 1991 TBI on the way and a serpentine belt setup on the way so we are about ready to start putting this thing back together.

The body is still on the trailer so I gotta get that in the works but there is time....lots of things to do before it's time to bolt that back on.

No pictures right now, just got home from the shop, but I will post some tomorrow afternoon.

I'm excited to start getting it put together!

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.

Last edited by scoyote; 01-31-2009 at 01:31 AM.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote