View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

Re: Wife's '57 Wagon "RADIO FLYER" project...

So I threw it up on the lift, and have the tranny ready to go in....
-

-
-
Here's the story about this wagon, my father-n-law had it built years ago(last registered was '92). He had an all roller, 14to1, dual quad, sprayed small-block built for it years ago. He never drove it (like all his cars, and probably the fate of the vette too). So he decided to give it to us. The race motor and built TH350 only had about 100 miles on it from a one-time run over a decade ago at the Modesto cruise.....It always had this tranny leak. Years ago, I pulled the engine and tranny, picked up a brand new ZZ4, and resealed the whole tranny.(I figured the race motor was a little much for the StarBucks run). During the first 30 minutes of start up of the ZZ4, the tranny started piss'n again. I was so pissed, I slammed the hood, and never looked back. Turned out, the upper cooler line port had a crack in it (over tightened fitting) from a previous install. Since then, I had the tranny welded up, and it's being sitting.

So here we are in '08 finally getting back to it. !!
-
This is how I left tonight..back on it on Monday...
-

-

-

-
My wife wants me to leave it alone, but I have to do something about these "80's" wheels man...14" in the front and 15" in the rear...What the ??

I need to hit up RICH the CHEESE for some nice wheels in the future !!
-

-
Here's a shot of my spare tire carrier...spare tire compliments of PRERUNNER ROB !!
-

-

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK