View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #23
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

Re: Wife's '57 Wagon "RADIO FLYER" project...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu87 View Post
Great work, I've restored 5 57s. FYI if you don't replace the steering column, you'll probably need a horn bearing kit to go in there.
Thanks for the FYI...it seems to be pretty solid so far...Might of been replaced at one time. We'll definately keep an I on it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jay View Post
Looking good.

Great looking pair of helpers you got there.
They favor their momma?

Thanks for the updated progress/pictures.
You think ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimE View Post
Just ran across this thread. Glad you're putting that 57 on the road for her!!
She'll be happy for sure !!

When my pops had this car buit back in the ninetys, someone installed some kind of Chrysler rear-end (??) So I took the driveline in yesterday to have a rear u-joint installed (Could of done it myself, just couldn't ID it).

When I walked up to the South Bay Driveline counter...the guy said (looking from a distance) "Nice...a FORD driveline, with a CHEVY front yolk, and a CHRYSLER rear....."

I was like "WTF !!!!"

He checked it out, and said I should have a new one built...so will do...after other "bills" are taken care of.

Couldn't believe it when he told me that....Actually I could, there were other items rigged on that car:

The cable operated wipers are missing everything, and half the heater is gone.....so it'll be a summer ride for a while !!

Also, when I replumbed the fuel lines...I found two different ghetto fuel pumps, with copper lines, rubber hoses and a million hose clamps (defiantely not a pro NOS installer)

My 'pops' has been taken a few times....but now that he has me, it's all good !!

Later....

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
"Rest in Peace, Mom & Dad ... I will see you again someday!"

Last edited by ChiefRocka; 02-28-2009 at 03:41 PM.
ChiefRocka is offline   Reply With Quote