View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
aboz

ABOZ's 1963 Stepside

Just wanted you guys to see what I'm working with. I found this truck on ebay a year and a half ago. The owner stored it for six years after some detailing in the engine bay and installing a 250 six from a 1970 Nova. I drove it from W. by God Virginia all the way back to North Carolina with a leaky gas tank. Paid $4500. It is a solid truck with so much less rust than any '62-'63 that I looked at in the Charlotte, NC area. Turns out it started it's life about 35 miles from where I live. The original owner's dealership warranty info and registration was still in the glove box! So far I've replaced most everything under the hood except the engine itself. I replaced the grille with a 1960 four headlight set up. Just looks better to me. The price to re-chrome was out of the question so I had it powder coated silver. I put 5 lug Corvette Rally rims on the stock drum/drum set up. A power booster and a dual master cylinder will be installed some time this month. Having little to no mechanical experience I removed the Saginaw 3 speed and took it to a buddy who showed me step by step how to rebuild it. With much determination I re-installed it myself. It's amazing what you can do when a transmission is being held in place with your head! Body mods will come soon after I replace the floor pans, cab corners and rocker panels. I plan to fabricate a metal hood scoop like a '67 427 Sting Ray complete with the bumped out spear windsplit. Reverse louvers will be welded in behind the front wheel wells. If thats not enough, I'm designing a bed topper that will resemble a '63 Vette split window coupe! The extra dash and door panels are soon to be powder coated in black wrinkle finish. I'll post pix as the fun begins.
Attached Images

Last edited by aboz; 03-08-2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: bad grammar
aboz is offline   Reply With Quote