View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 01:25 AM   #14
custom63

Re: My 1963 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
That is the way it is supposed to be. Everyone has a different way of splitting the weld. I use a grinder, but be carefull and take your time. Some use a hacksaw of some sort. Glad to see you back at it.
Thanks for clarifying things for me Alan. I think I am going to try and use a cut off wheel on my grinder and very carefully chip away at it. I’m nervous but I guess that’s the fun of it. The bed is in okay shape, the PO appears to have tried their hand at some bondo work on a couple spots so who knows what it looks like underneath it. I am hoping that its not as bad as that inner fender you just worked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
From a fellow '63 owner...Welcome aboard Custom63 !!!

I see your in Auburn....I'm in San Jose, about 3 hours away from you.

We drive out there a couple times a year to GrassValley/Nevada City to wife grandmas house off of 49....Have you heard of "The Willow" restaurant ??

Anyway....Cant wait to see more !!!
Chief,
Hello from Auburn! I am pretty sure I have either been there or riden by that restaurant on one of my harley rides that me and some buddies do around this area. That section of Hwy49 going towards Downieville is an awesome ride. Is that shot of you and your kids down by that bridge that crosses the Yuba River on hwy49? BTW your truck looks sweet. Are you sticking with the old school rat rod theme?
custom63 is offline   Reply With Quote