View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #141
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

Here is one 23 years later! I used it for a second spare. I wanted the knarlly stock look I remembered from the stock 4wd trucks the logger drove in the 60's. I think they are the wheels that came with the 74 running gear. The codes on the wheel is K-1-2 and CZ. The first is November 1971, 2nd shift. I couldn't find the CZ code online. I ran them because they are wider than the stock wheels. I tried 9.00 x 16 but had clearance issues in the front. The tire size on it is 7.00 x 16 Zenith Ultra Traction Lug. Lots of traction, but lots of noise and they were the old bias not radials. When they wore out I got 225/75/16 all weather tread which are about the same height but no noise or thump when cold. They have the center raised cap retainer, not clips. I was going to run dog dish caps but never got around to it, just tuned up the white paint with Rustoleum every few years. There were no fit issues since they are the same year range as the axles. I just noticed this one has tube, but that was so I could repair them back in the sticks if necessary. The ones with radials mounted fine without tubes.

Later: I have some stock 59 rims and can check them on the 74 axles if you want me to.
Attached Images

Last edited by OrrieG; 03-14-2009 at 11:23 PM.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote