View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #18
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

Thanks for the comments all.

Special K - Baby Biscayne is the perfect way to describe it. Poverty with a purpose, haha. 426 incher? Cripes, that baby must scoot!

Just an update, since I've been slacking as of late. Warm weather is here, and so is progress.

First, some pics of the lift frame I threw together.

It's just 2 inch well pipe for uprights, with 1 1/4" across the top. Plates welded to the 2 inch for mounts to 2x4's, and braces where the cross bar meets the uprights. It sure isn't pretty, but it got the rear up, and let me work on it some more.

A come-along, as well as a chain and chain tightener provided plenty of lift.

And got the rear end out, after fighting with the bolts and bushings. Sadly, the springs are totally shot, with chunks missing on the eyes for mounting. Par for the course, I s'pose.

And the rust in the trunk. Yeah, not looking too good, is it? Haha.

I figure then worst that can happen is that I fail miserably, spend countless hours and dollars on this rust bucket, only to be disappointed. So, on the bright side, it's only metal, and it can be fixed.

Anyone remember my truck when I first brought it home? Lol, yeah. She was in rough shape too. And, all thigns considered, she turned out pretty alright. So, I'm not too worried.

...and just because I love that rear fender curve.

And time for suggestions. Any body have ideas for paint color? White is really growing on me. Originality means little to me, so, take that into consideration, lol.

And a new future plan has popped up, which could possibly happen - I'll run the built 250 for a few years, until the engine in my truck pukes. When that happens, the 250 will go into the truck, and the 307 will be turned into a Mad Mouse - getting bored and stroked, etc. Just an idea that ran through my head, haha. Using what I got...and all that nonsense.

That's where she stands for the night though, so, let's hear it.

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote