View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 11:06 AM   #22
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

Ok, I checked the diameter of the stock Chevy II wheel. It's right at about 16". So, compared to the 17" of a stock truck wheel..it's not much, but enough if someone is looking for smaller wheel and the original look.

Jvsapp - GORGEOUS CAR! Wow. My dad had a '63 or '64 4-door when he was younger. Said he couldn't kill the little 153 it had, haha.

And as far as I can tell, the rust is just along the floor and quarters. I pulled the headliner, and it all seems really solid, around the windsheild and rear window. I know on the outside, on the back of the C-pillar between the side glass and rear window I have some rust soming through the paint. But it looks like deep pitting at most, or atleast I'm hoping. It'll be addressed, though.

I'm getting pretty excited, because it might look like it's long gone, but it's just metal, as Frizzle Fry states.

The floor pans were spot welded on vertical lips, so that makes it easy. The rockers are still mostly there. And the rear quarters look pretty simple to fabricate, should I feel daring. Otherwise, it seems like mostly flat and straight forward sheetmetal patches.

Yesterday I got the radiator support off the front clip, after fighting with the rivets of the subframe. That'll need some patching, but nothing I'm not used to. Hopefully this weekend I can get the inner fender structres off, along with the coils and struts.

I'll keep you all posted, because pretty soon we're gonna start whacking and welding.

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote