View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #36
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

The head gets attached with a short allen headed bolt at the bottom of the port, with the top hole being tapped for a pipe plug. And yes, I'll be using lump ports. The stock head flows at 177 cfm, while with a lump port, and stock size valves, it gets bumped up tp a little over 200 cfm, I beleive. Add some port work, and it'll flow pretty ok. And it'd be even better with bigger valves. But thats further down the line.

It all looks pretty easy, so, I figure what the heck. The gains are worth the risk at this point in time, in my opinion.

I have a few more tricks I want to play around with, so that'll consume some of my time. I also am sending out money for a set of springs for the rear end. Hopefully they don't take too long to get here, so I can get it mocked up, and the rear frame rails fabbed up and welded it. followed by the trunk pan. That shouldn't be too bad.

After that, I'm hoping funds accumulate, so I can get my engine bored, and start on the floor pans. After that...well. It's all down hill...I hope...

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote