View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #38
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

Experience is a relative word...haha. I've been reading about straight 6's for about 6 years now. Following on Inliners.org and reading Santucci's book. I just never had the funds to attempt a project, or the gumption to just start cutting and hope for the best.

I used to talk to Larry Page (Twisted6) quite regularly, listening to all he had to say about his car and the motor he had torn down. Great guy to take the time and chat with a high school kid who is full of questions.

So, If I can lay down 210-230 hp, cripes, I'll be thrilled. It should be a fun little motor. Kind of a misfit, like the car itself - since it's not an SS Coupe or anything, it's also not a smallblock car.

As far as 194 vs 283 - as much as I love 6's, i think a 283 will give you better performance and drivability. My second love is low cube small blocks, so big surprise there. haha.

And yes, Mono leafs. I found them on craigslist for $55. I probably should've went with multi-leafs, but, they're rearched for +1", sand blasted, and painted, and come with bushings. I'm hoping that little bit of extra lift won't look too bad, and allow me to fit a bigger tire under it. So, just gotta get that sent out.

Hopefully today brings some more progress, I'll keep you posted.

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote