Thread: pro gears
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
nxtruck

Re: pro gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
yes I have moser axles and leave on the brake. I have a 400 trans with reverse **** pattern. I have the tubes welded, and have c-clips. what do you mean by loading the drive line? So nobody makes pro gears for a 12 bolt trk? I heard that they make a bearing for the 12 bolt car pro ge3ars that will work on my 12 bolt trk. Anybody hear of this? I can put a ford 9" but then i would have to get it narrowed, order axles,and all that goes with it, plus I already bought the moser axles for the 12 bolt.
Sounds like you have most of the things covered. By " loading the driveline " I'm referring to getting up on the converter just a bit before activating the brake, so as to take any slack out of the driveline before releasing the button.
I, also, have heard that supposedly you can use a different pinion brg. on the car gears that will allow them to be used in a truck housing. I believe that I got that info from Moser, so you may want to check with them on this. I personally haven't seen a pro gear for the truck 12-bolts, so this may be your only route to putting pro gears in your housing.
Good luck with it, whichever way you decide to go...
1965 Chevy C10 LWB, 355 sbc, TH350, daily driver
nxtruck is offline   Reply With Quote