View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #104
Primer70
Superbad

Re: Cross Member Drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodYJ View Post
The only advantage to the NP203 would be the center diff. and trying to find a divorced NP203 can be hard to do. I've never seen one myself. I like the NP205 better because it is a much stronger gear driven case. A simple shifter will take care of any issue of trying to drive both axles on dry pavement allowing you to shift from 2 wd to 4 hi. You cannot run this set-up in 4lo with the case turned backwards as I have done. The front axle would try to turn twice as fast as the rear axle if you did since the front axle is driven by what is normally the input from the transmission before the gear reduction inside the t-case. I seriousley don't think I'll have any issue. Check out USA6x6 sometime. The set-up they offer for about $3000 uses a gear driven set-up off of the front axle to give drive to the second axle and no possible way to stop the engagement of the second axle. Apparently it works just fine.
Yeah, I forgot about the differences is output speeds with turning the t-case around. I haven't seen a divorced 203 in person, I've seen pictures of them & adds for them being sold on Craigslist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74 C-30 View Post
wow nice progress! looks awesome, cant definatrly tell theres alot of time into that!
btw USA6x6 is no longer.....
USA6x6 went outta business? I read lots of bad stuff about there customer service online, but you can hear that for just about any company online.
Primer70 is offline   Reply With Quote