View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 08:09 AM   #77
glimmertwin01

Re: Rocker box pictures

too F'in funny 69-72 appears to have one of our "survivors" up here in the salty Northeast Great lakes area.... LOL
tomato tomatoe.... its all good I need to reinstall the torsion boxes on the AZ blazer since the state (original owner) removed them to install saddle tanks....
Up here very few blazers had these boxes as they collected all the salt and rotted out in about 3 yrs but then the trucks only lasted about 5 yrs up here the 73/ 75 K5s were even worse ROT boxes... hmmm maybe thats where the term ROT box originated.... lmfao...
all BS aside as a structural engineer I would tent to believe they are TORSION boxes since that is what the flexing stress is on the TUB.... a BOX is much stronger than some flap of tin.... think of an old GM A body ragtop... the convertible frames were fully boxed to keep the tub rigid or it would fold up like a Rustang....or any other crusy unibody crap...
OK i always referred to the small covers over the hub n lug nuts as hub caps and the wheel covers like the infamous wire wheel covers wheel covers
Up here we call it soda or pop...me I prefer Coke....LOL
74 K/5
74 K20 Custom Deluxe
86 K10 Shorty
92 K2500 Burb
95 K2500 GMC

Life is what you make it Live each day like it was your last
Old GM Trucks never go out of style
glimmertwin01 is offline   Reply With Quote