View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #96
70k52wd
Blaze-Air

Re: Project "Vertically Challenged"

O.K. I'll start this post by saying; I can't believe how much time it takes me to get the simple things done.

First pic is of the "universal" upper shock bracket I got from Air ride tech. I got it to save time and effort....I had to trim it so that the upper portion of shock would clear. The word universal, when being used for a vehicle means; it will fit nothing in particular, but maybe you can make it fit your application.

The shock is now above the frame rail...It should have the travel I'm looking for. If not, I could move the mount up or down to fine tune the shock travel. The top of the mount is a hair short of touching the wheel well.

I also got the new hoses on and made a bracket to keep things in place. Not sure if this will work yet as far as airing up and down, but it's secure and doesn't touch anything. The bracket is an insulated clamp that I took the rubber off of. I would prefer a better bracket, but I had nothing to work with. I removed a bolt from the upper bag mount plate, mounted the bracket to that hole and good to go.

This pic is showing the route the hose runs. The hose hovers just above the lower spindle nut. If I see rubs then I will figure out something better...I'm ready to bleed the brakes.
Hmmm, looks like I need to do a bit of paint touch up.

70k52wd is offline   Reply With Quote