View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #240
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

I talked to the painter. They're working on it. He had gotten a new hood, and was expecting to get a new door (both used...new to me ) No pictures though. Maybe I'll get some this weekend.

I ordered my second set of drop spindles. I ordered the CPP modular spindles that move the front wheels in 1". Hopefully this will solve my issue with the front tire sitting on the inner wheel well at full dump. Additionally, this will alow me to use pretty much what ever brake caliper I want since it doesn't have a intergral caliper bracket like the factory styles do. So I'm going to be using a set of 98-2002 F-body calipers I already have. I'll just have to fab up a bracket to mount the caliper.

I guess I'll go ahead and clean up the caliper, powder coat it, and then rebuild it. I'll also have to get some brake pads for it.

So since I'm changing gears a little on my brake/spindle set up I'll have a few 0 mile parts for sale (ECE drop spindles, and Hawk HPS pads when I get my truck back from the painter) I'll post a for sale ad when the time comes.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote