View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #104
boostat4500

Re: 383 or 5.3?????????

I've been reading this thread from the beginning and chimed in once before. I still vote for the LSx swap over a gen 1 of any size. To the Original Poster: From what I have noticed on this forum in general is that 90% of the people who bash the LSx swap because it's too "expensive" or "will take a year to get it running" have never actually done the swap. So don't let them sway you away if you think you might want to do it. I guarantee you will not regret it!! And as long as everyone keeps bringing up "$2500", that will also build you a bullet proof 408" LS short block. The sky is the limit then on the power you could make and you'd laugh at any 383 you came across. I realize that's not a running motor for that price, but still not too far off. So if your serious, just ask some guys that have done it, we'd be happy to help. I can be done very cheap and is not hard at all.
Another thing for you budget minded guys. You don't have to run a new radiator and electric fans. I'm using the stock radiator with new fans, cost about $60 for both, but you could also just use the mechanical fan that came on the 5.3 or 6.0. Another cheap trick is to use an in-tank pump with your stock tank. My 255LPH was only about $80.
Just some thought....

Last edited by boostat4500; 05-20-2009 at 12:39 AM.
boostat4500 is offline   Reply With Quote