View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 07:40 PM   #107
SactoJim

Re: 383 or 5.3?????????

I will alway have a fondness for gen 1 motors.....I grew up with them, but it's hard to beat technology. When you can get over 600 hp on pump gas (ZR1 Corvette) and still have great street manners and still pull down +20 mpg if you're easy on it.......how could you ever argue with that? Yeah, that's big money but still designed around the same LS platform. you could easily get that power from a gen 1 motor, but side by side.....which one would you rather have. At the end of the day, it's just about personal preference and what you are most comfortable with.

Side by side it also seems obvious to me that the LS style motors will go many more miles before wearing out and the main reason I see for that is fuel distribution. Port injection with high pressure injectors is just better at distributing fuel than carbs and this is just better for cylinder walls.

That all said, I still have my mini supercharged 383 in mine and I will have fun with it for a few more years (maybe less) before I do a late model swap......love to do a 6.2 with radix (or similar) on it.

SO.....let the battle rage!
- 4 wheel discs
- relocated fuel tank
-

My Build Thread
SactoJim is offline   Reply With Quote