Thread: Low Budget C-10
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
felixthecatjr

Low Budget C-10

One day you realize that you need a truck, so then you want a truck. The only thing is that truck must be on a budget. I went on a mini quest to find that truck only to find that a good cheap truck does not exist, or at least not locally. A friend on mine came a across a 1985 C-10, decent shape, needing a lot of TLC. I went to go and take a look at the truck, no motor or trans but the bed floor was solid and the cab was good. After some back and forth with the owner I get the truck for free only if I get the truck off the property before code enforcement arrives, which they where due in 10-15 minutes.

Once the truck was in my possession I need to find a motor and trans fast. The quests to build a cheap motor, again cheap motors are not common. A few dollars later and parts throughout the garage floor a running motor is assembled.

The truck is a decent runner minor tweaking here and there to keep it alive. One day all seems like it is going fine and that faint smell of gasoline; I see no puddle smell goes away months go by until the entire floor under the truck is a lake of gasoline. This is when the fun times begin. Time to install a new tank, not what I wanted to do but it had to be done.

Tank Out

Tank Going in

I did not realize that replacing the tank straps was just a workout.

felixthecatjr is offline   Reply With Quote