View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
1964C10

Junk yard find or not

I have not been able to find a fuel tank for my truck that will go behind the rear wheel, the junk yards pull them or punch holes in them. I dont know if that is law here or something. Anyways, I visit the only u-pull-it yard here fairly frequently because they get alot of older trucks in. Well I did find anything today and was about ready to leave when I spotted this sitting in the crusher bin, it had an v6 motor banged into the side putting a small dent into it.

Anyways, I wanted to know if this is a find or a total bust. It measures 29"X21"X10.5" on the thickest part and it has 22 embossed in it so I suspect it is a 22 gallon tank. However I have no idea where it came from. It is a side fill tank which I want. The main question I have is, it will take quite a bit of cutting on the framerails to make it fit, will that be a problem strenght wise. The second thing I wonder about is the sending unit. I dont know much about fuel tanks could anyone chim in and let me know if this is chevy,ford,dodge etc. Any other advise or input would be greatly appreciated!!

My build thread
Looking for help on completing the Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

If you didn't build it, you don't really own it
1964C10 is offline   Reply With Quote