View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #174
Frizzle Fry

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvsapp View Post
looking good FF. can't wait to see more progress
Thanks for your continued interest. I'm heading out there in a few minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
All I can say is, WOW. The reason most would never consider this kind of project is because of the fact just about every step requires a custom fabrication of some sort. It's not just about cutting this piece of sheetmetal and welding in that one. It's things like the clutch pedal assembly, the use of the cruise control cable rather than the throttle cable, and that front suspension swap would be a deal breaker for just about anyone. I'm sure you have that figured out, but I look at those pics, and the misalignment on the frame rails, and how the inner fenders will need mods, and, and, and... I will just have to wait for the results.

I love the cleverness of the homemade notching tool. I would have just tried to muscle it in there, or use the grinder.

The car is not my thing, but I really appreciate the effort involved. It will be fun to drive, no doubt about that.
I like taking paths not likely to be followed. When we have talent like LFD and Porterbuilt around it makes achieving that goal exponentially more difficult. That's a good thing IMO because, at least for me, it pushes the limits of what's possible. I agree that it looks like a cluster at this point but not to worry; I have the vision
Quote:
Originally Posted by dh81k30 View Post
FF,

As much as you have changed the original structure, have you considered designing and installing sub-frame connectors along with all the rest of your excellent work. I think I can safely say that, with your mods and the added power, your car will need the extra strengthening both fore and aft and diagonally.

Just something to consider.
I'm planning to install cross bracing as well as diagonal braces from the shock towers to the firewall. Maybe even a lateral strut brace as well. You're right, It will definately need all the rigidity I can throw at it.

Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 06-26-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote