View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Mordachai
Fat Fendered Fleetside

Re: New seat cover - Make it new with picts

Nice job. looks good, should look better in a week or so:

For all you guys that might not know, any little wrinkles in the cover will almost always come out once the seat is in the truck/car and set out in the sun for a few days. The heat in the cab will let the foam pads and cover stretch and relax in all the right spots for a nicer fit. Working auto upholstery, some picky customers have had something to say about the tiniest of wrinkles upon pick-up. We always tell them- give it a week, they should come out, if not come back.

we've never had anyone come back...
but the down side- most of the pics of my work are before the seats get a chance to puff up... very rarely will a customer come by just to thank ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I did my seats today too. Yours looks very nice. My hands hurt some from pulling everything taught with one hand and trying to hog ring with the other.
yeah, def takes some strength. But bench seats are easy! everything is right there- now a set of racing seats with full bolsters- that'll really put your fingers to the test.

Just one more little tip- if your foam is collapsed, before you re-tighten a new cover over it, try to steam the foam, it'll usually puff up a whole lot.
if you have no access to a steamer a closed bathroom with the hot water in the shower usually does pretty good.
or you can also do the sun trick- set in the sun for the hottest part of the day, it will puff up....but not as much as with the steam...

radiused fiberglass fender project for 67-72