View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #42
benntn

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock35ipsc View Post
We got the 85 picked up from HuggerCST and made it home Monday night with no problems. 12 hours on the road each way, 2 days..... I'm pooped! The kids decided to name this truck Fred. Not sure exactly where that came from, but it has stuck. So Fred it is!

I thought I would go ahead and start a project thread for this truck. Not much will be happening at first, but I will be doing little things here and there.

First thing this morning, I pulled off the bed rails and the push pads. Sorry you purists, I'm not a fan of those!

I went over the top of the cab and the hood with some polishing compound and the buffer too before I left for work. I think everything will buff out real nice and be nice and shiny for now.

Short term plans are:

* Finish waxing it. **DONE**

* Lower the front and rear a little, maybe two inches all around. The front sits a little higher than the rear right now, by about 3/4". So I'll try to get the front down just a touch lower than the rear. **DONE**

* O2 sensor. I need to add a heated O2 sensor. **DONE**

* Stereo! I must have my tunes! I have my trusty Alpine deck, Rockford Fosgate amp, RF component speakers, and RF 12" sub. I have the faceplate for the deck, now I just need to get a different box for the sub.

* Windshield. This one has some chips and a good munch on the lower left side.

* Power steering gear. Wynne said this one leaks, so I pulled the one off the 91 Suburban to swap out.

* Rebuild the door hinges. The drivers door shuts hard, the passenger is a little easier. Wynne included rebuild kits for those.

* Sport bumper for the rear.

* Rear tires. Drivers side is about gone, and the passenger will be great as a spare.

* Replace the seat cover. **DONE**

* Exhaust. The exhaust dumps on the back side of the rear end right now. I'm going to run it from there straight out the back with a pair of 3.5" x 18" tips. It sounds good as-is, but I really like those big tips!

That's mostly all for now. Later on I'll do the Suburban grill swap, fix the rust, swap in a TH700R4/3.42 combo, redo the interior, then paint it and replace all the moulding and trim with new stuff.
Awesome fine!!! I have a 84 GMC. If you chang the rear bumper, I'd liked to buy your old one. It looks to be in better than mine.
benntn is offline   Reply With Quote