View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 01:34 AM   #213
texascowboy593

Re: Project "Tracy Lee" 59 Apache

WOW! It's been nearly another year since I've posted and thats just a shame. I cant even begin to describe how busy I've been with work and a 14 month old boy tearing up the house!

Here's the skinny: My pal Woody has been shoring up the engine bay with re-routing of wires / hoses etc. He rebuilt the Holley Street Avenger and found out the back half of the carb was all clogged so now the truck is an absolute monster!

New Flowtech headers installed wrapped with DEI wrap and cured with DEI black silicone spray.

New MSD HEI cap, rotor and coil as well as 8.5mm MSD wires.

The smooth dash panel covering the old heater controls and glovebox is in place and just needs some smoothing / finishing to be done.

Upgrade to disc brakes up front with a new master cylinder/power boster/prop valve mounted in the stock location.

New beefy tie rod (nearly twice as thick as the stock tie rod).

These are the main things done while in Woodys custody. Next things are hanging the new Flowmaster Super 40's (2 1/2" inlet/outlet), getting the bed setup for the bed wood and new wheels and tires. Once those have been done, I will drive the truck to Cleveland TX to my Brother-in-Laws shop and he will take care of the paint and body. Woody is having some health issues (nothing too serious) and will not have the ability to do paint and body.

Flight '59 sure did take a place on the back burner but now it's time to push forward and get her finished so I can whip that '54 5 window that keeps bugging me...LOL!

FWIW: All the video links in previous posts won't work anymore. I no longer have my "texolot" account on YouTube. The updated link to my new account is in my sig. I'll post this weekends happenings in a few days. As for now, here are a couple of videos from January and April showing some progress on the truck.

I hope all of you are doing well. Thx for waiting around for my infrequent updates!
2014 Dodge Durango (Wife-mobile)
2008 Dodge Ram Lone Star Edition (Daily driver)
texascowboy593 is offline   Reply With Quote