Thread: 198Plus build
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #301
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: 198Plus build by Alan's Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
Allan I think you know plenty. Look at all the Bozo's out there that own shops or are working at shops, and they call them self Professionals. Some people don't know what good looks like. Your work looks better that good. It LOOKS GREAT.
I'm sure everybody else will agree with me. If that's not a confidence builder I don't know what is. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Thanks Dennis, there are a lot of BoZo's rebuilding cars. I just don't have the capital to get it going. I also don't want to borrow any if it was possible in todays economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 198plus View Post
Isn't there a senior citizen labor law......... against that kind of work for a old man like me :lol

Just go ahead and block it for BLACK PAINT for the same price..........It will really show just how good your work is..........
It keeps you young. You still coming over this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverod View Post
The sooner you get out on your own the better Allen. I did it ten years ago and never looked back. I might not make as much but I only work as hard as I want to. For me it was more of a health thing then anything else but I 'll never regret being my own boss. When I get tried I quit and go work on my truck. Oh ya did I mention I'm broke. But then who is'nt now a days. Livin day by day and loving it.
Trying to keep the dream alive. Had another person call today. He has a 72 Suburban that needs redone. I don't have the room right now. It would be nice to have 2 projects (paying) going at the same time. So when one is hung up for something I could move to the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dranch View Post
Dang Alan, your getting me dizzy with the two builds...Super work as we've come to exspect.

198, Your truck is looking good....
It was confussing to me too when I was taking pics of 2 trucks and posting in 2 places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 198plus View Post
Alright Alan.........I have decided on color.

I'll get this color code tomorrow.

I'm going to use same scheme as 67 Chevelle......Rally wheels and red walls
Is that your final answer? Also don't forget to tell me mouldings or no mouldings.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote