View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #137
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

It sits in the shop taking up space and not used for months on end.
For a home shop it’s a luxury but definitely comes in handy for cleaning all those small parts

For over twenty years I’ve had a small bench top sandblaster in my shop and from the first day wished I had a larger more professional one, well today I do. I think it was the largest box I’ve ever seen the UPS driver deliver and some assembly was required, anything larger and it definitely would have been a freight item.

I now have a 780-TL Skat Blast abrasive blast cabinet and a VAC-35 Skat Blast vacuum system. The small shop vac under the cabinet I used as a media recovery container with another shop vacuum and it worked fairly well with the bench top cabinet so I thought I would try it with this one (note the blades and motor are removed from it so it’s a free flow thru it)

Name:  Sandblaster.jpg
Views: 18352
Size:  77.1 KB

No work accomplished on the truck this week. The temperature in Washington State has just been to hot for me, after two hours of putting the sandblasting cabinet together in the shade I was soaking wet with sweat and wore out. Sorry Palf70Step no pictures of a wore out soaking wet me (LOL). Next week is suppose to be a little cooler and might be able to get some work done.

It’s always nice to have good shop equipment for your hobby even if it’s a little extravagant and a luxury