View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #127
daverod
SSN 706

Wink Re: MY build thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbed70 View Post
Protrash ...very true I have done small repairs and helped on my old truck but this one I have to save money and I want to learn like I have everything else and get my hands dirty.

daverod.... Thanks its been kickin me in the pants but its gettin there. Are you shaving the seam on the hood also? I have prolly about 10hrs just on the seam of the hood to get it where it is. It blocks out good but we'll see what it looks like after another coat of primer. I am hoping to get through priming the cab soon so I can start on the bed!!! I am working on the drivers door now and as soon as I can get some wire I can finish welding the patch in and work the whole door from top to bottom.

I'll try to get some pics tonight.
Ya I welded my seam on my hood. It went well untill I started getting into alittle rust. I'm sure you know how that goes. I haven't worked on it for awhile my last thing I did was to weld up all the pin holes so it's solid metal. I was looking at Allans and it pissed me off because his looked perfect. Mine does look a lot better now I'm glad I took the time to weld on it some more. I ground it all down and now I'm to the point of putting filler on it. I spend most my time working on my bedsides they were a mess. Starting to look a lot better though. I'm in no rush. It all about learning how to do it for me.

Last edited by daverod; 08-05-2009 at 08:35 PM.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote