View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #89
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

Re: 66 Short step "Trad Rod" build, A Pabst Blue ribbon theme

Ok, so its been a while since I have posted anything on this build. I have a 4 month old so bare with me. Here are some updates. Jack (chevytrucknut), who I now consider a good friend, brought me over the cab corner fillers since I have a stepside. They were bent every which way but, I was given a pat on the back and he said good luck and try these. I spent hours grinding them down and hammering out the old metal. I got them damn near strait. How do you like them? I left them raw steel to kinda go with the patina theme.

Also several of you have asked me how I got the rear tail lights in the step. Here are few pics. Some bent scrap metal to hold them in and few screws. I think the pictures are self explanatory. Let me know what you think.. THanks again Jack!!!

Oh yeah.. And I got some new white walls this week.. She deserved new rubber after being bagged and lowered more. I went with a 70 instead of a 75R series.. Fits a little better and gave me a half an inch or so
Attached Images

1965 Chevy 1/2T Longbox, soon to be a slammed shop truck

Build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=591266

Semper Fi Marines
bird7263 is offline   Reply With Quote