View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
mongoose

'73 LWB. Project.. I don't know.. "rust bucket"

But yeah.. It's pretty rusty to say that least =P

Decided to make a thread for it as I'm actually spending money on it now, and it's starting to take shape..

Pretty normal build, but this being my first truck.. it's a nice warm up.. Anyways, Plans call for a vortec headed small block, with a 60103 Voodoo in it, Trying to keep it nice and mild for a DD setup, backed by a th350 and a 12 bolt.. dropped on coys, cuz i'm cheap! and throw in lots of body work just for fun..

at the moment i'm just trying to find a way to make my cam work with the stock heads.. and i'm not winning =(.. interior is pretty stock, picked up some cumaro buckets for it, a mega shifter, a grant wheel, and some assorted gauges for some monitorings.

still need to figure out an fuel system and exhaust, so i can get on the road and i can drive my ranger off a cliff.. not lying.

but enough chat for now.. let's get to some pics..

The truck the day i got it.. beat up as hell.. but traded it for some parts that i wasn't using so not that bad of a deal.

Picked up this 350 for 250 bucks, came pretty much complete, q-jet and everything.. Just need to change the colour!

Found out that you can't run autometer lights in equus gauges.. So I had to go around it that hard way, oh well.. 5 minutes with a lathe and saved my self 100 bucks..

that's what's done so far it seems... hopefully be working on it daily now.. so keep tuned in for some more updates.. http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...oose/73%20c10/

and don't mind the dyno pic.. that was the last motor i was building.. that never got done =P
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote