View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #16
mbgmike

Re: LMC Truck repair panels??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MailManX2 View Post
I bought Tabco panels when I first got my truck because I had read they were made in the USA and fit really well. What Tabco sent me was nothing more than garbage. The floor pans they sent me looked like they had been cut from a wreck. All bent up. The kick panels were not the same as a 60-66 and were for a 68-72. The rear floor pan sections were also for a 68-72. The front cab mounts were marked left and right but were both rights. The rocker panels looked OK but when test fitting they had been trimmed too short so they weren't high enough on the A and B pillar. The rear cab mounts and cab corners looked OK.

I called about the quality of the parts and during the numerous conversations with Tabco they told me the dies for the floor pans had been damaged in the past but they continued to use it. Also the floor pans, cab mounts and kick panels were actually for a 68-72 Chevy truck, I have a 60 Chevy truck. On the front cab mount they told me that's the way they sell them and to just cut and weld them onto the old mounts. They kept promising to send me replacement floor pans and after almost a year they did. They were almost as bad and the first set of crap they sent me and are still sitting in the box. I ended up buying Tri-Plus parts and they are a lot better than the crap Tabco sent me. I didn't see any difference in the gage of the metal between the Tabco and Tri-Plus.

Tabco floor pan on top, Tri-Plus on the bottom.. The Tri-Plus panel wasn't perfect but it didn't take too much work to install it. The biggest problem with the Tri-Plus panel were the holes for the cab mount bolts being off a little bit.

I'd rather buy something made in the USA any day of the week but I wasted over $300 on Tabco and their made in USA panels.
I agree. We have done many floors as we do this for a living. We sell parts and the TriPlus panel you have is a real good fitting part. We have installed these and had very little problem with the holes. But one thing we learned along time ago is every ruck is a little differant. There AIN'T one of these trucks that are exactly like the previous one we did. They are all a little differant. All any one has to do is try and make a part and see how well it fits another truck.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote