View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
0331grunt
Now what??

Re: 69 long fleet- First build

should be able to get it into the shop and pull engine and trans this weekend and maybe the bed and front clip to clean it up.
My "plans" are to make it look stock outside (trim and all), lower just a little, some rally wheels, decent motor (that looks good, too!), nice interior and not too much flair. Just something simple.. a good truck to learn on.
I want to go with the same orange/white color and do a custom interior with black vinyl and maybe some black/white or black/orange houndstooth. Any ideas on that?
These are some pics of some of the rust to deal with. It really isn't that bad, is it? I think this is really common, so I'm not too worried that I can figure it out. Besides, I kinda have to...my budget right now is $0! The seats are really kinda cool, they are adjustable and really smooth, I just need to figure out how to make them look better and work like they should. My stepdad put them in, so I would like to be able to reuse them. (A sentimental thing, you know!)Also, can someone tell me what year the emblem came off of? I like it and may go ahead and try to put it back on.. still a ways off, tho. Any way, will update as I get stuff done. Thanks for looking.
Craig
Attached Images

"The quality of a persons life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." ~ Vince Lombardi

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic, it takes sweat, determination and hard work." ~ Colin Powell

my, um, build

USMC OIF Veteran SEMPER FI!
0331grunt is offline   Reply With Quote